For the fast-food generation. Here’s the extensive PM Lee interview in bullet form.
SINGAPORE: In a wide ranging interview with the media in which tsb was not invited, PM Lee spoke on the following points:
- The education policy is on the right track.
- The government made a mistake in not ramping up infrastructure projects such as housing and public transportation sooner. It has since made amends.
- The population white paper should have been better communicated.
- Singaporeans should have read the contents of the white paper instead of reacting based on their direct experiences.
- The government will continue to calibrate their population policy.
- He is social media savvy.
- Singaporeans still want the PAP to govern but want alternative views too.
- Whether PAP will win the next election will depend on whether the PAP MPs will work hard.
- It is dangerous to assume that the government will always be in power.
- His successor might already be in the cabinet. He may not be a stranger.
- The narrative is no longer on nation-building. It is on Singapore being a special place to live in.