He doesn’t stop does he…?
1. Najib rebuts nothing. Beyond saying that the Altantuya case is old, he has rebutted nothing. The matter is still current because the hanging is to be now. The two were released before. Their acquittal meant the matter was settled. But now they are to be hanged. Apparently they acted upon orders. Hanging them would be a travesty of justice.
2. On IMDB, the same answer is given. Wait. Wait until the Auditor General reports. That can take years. Examining the accounts will reveal nothing. It will not explain the involvement of Jho Low. It will not explain how Riza Aziz has so much money at a time when 1MDB money disappeared. It will not explain the funny transactions with Petro-Saudi, the banks in Seychelles, Hong Kong and Cayman Islands. Then the money from Cayman was brought back and deposited in Singapore. Now the bank says no money has been deposited with it.
3. Asking people not to ask any questions until the Auditor General reports is silly. It is like seeing someone robbing and the public must wait until the court hearing is over before talking about it.
4. And the aircraft for security. Is it going to stop the kidnapping and casual invasions of Sabah or the smuggling of arms from across the northern border? Or is the security confined to people flying in private jets only.
5. This country is being attacked repeatedly by terrorists who killed our police and soldiers. Is this the normal state of things or is this a security problem? If we care for security do we buy luxury private jets.
6. It is shameful that we cannot even ensure the safety of our citizens.
7. The Auditor General can audit but it is not going to reveal much. The better thing to do is to set up a commission, the members of which should not be chosen by the Government, to scrutinise every act of 1MDB. This is because it is basically going to investigate not just 1MDB but also the Government, which has clearly failed to oversee the affairs of 1MDB.