It’s Getting Worse – Two Die From MERS In South Korea

virus

MERS is worst than THIS ear-virus….

South Korea’s health ministry confirmed on Tuesday (Jun 2) that two people have died from Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), the country’s first fatalities from the virus.

A 58-year-old woman, who had been treated as a suspected case of MERS, died of acute respiratory failure on Monday and tests later came back positive for the virus.

The other victim was a 71-year-old man who was confirmed to have the virus several days ago. He died on Tuesday, the health ministry said in a statement.

Six more people were diagnosed with the disease Monday night, it said, bringing the total number of people infected to 25 including the two victims.

The latest outbreak – the largest outside the Middle East – triggered widespread public alarm in the Asia’s fourth-largest economy.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome is considered a deadlier but less infectious cousin of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which killed hundreds of people when it appeared in Asia in 2003.

The current outbreak has been traced to a 68-year-old man diagnosed after returning from a trip to Saudi Arabia.

This entry was posted in All Posts, News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s