I hear voices…..
His petulance has finally landed him in a mental institution. His erratic behaviour was out-of-this-world even to the usual rebellious angsty teenagers’ standard.
So there is only one possibility; that he is mad.
Teenage blogger Amos Yee Pang Sang, 16, has been remanded at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) for two weeks pending a psychiatric report. This is in lieu of a psychiatric report that he may be suffering from autism-spectrum disorder which is characterized by:
- Persistent deficits in social communication and social interaction across multiple contexts;
- Restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities;
- Symptoms must be present in the early developmental period (typically recognized in the first two years of life); and,
- Symptoms cause clinically significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of current functioning.
- Love eating bananas (No. That’s our own diagnosis).
As such, Judge Kaur said that she is exploring other sentencing options, including a mandatory treatment order.
A mandatory treatment order provides treatment for offenders suffering from psychiatric conditions that are susceptible to treatment, where the accused will have to undergo psychiatric treatment. It is meted out in lieu of imprisonment.
We wish Amos a quick recovery.