And this is why Singapore is such a lovely little country.
A Sabah Earthquake Fund will be set-up for the dependents of Singaporeans who have lost their lives, as well as for the trainers and guides in Sabah who have lost their lives or had their livelihoods affected by Jun 5 earthquake.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) will handle the collection of donations to this Fund, which will be administered by the Temasek Foundation, a non-profit philanthropic organisation.
- The following groups will be the beneficiaries of the fund:
- The family of Tanjong Katong Primary School teacher Mohammad Ghazi Mohamed;
- The family of TKPS teacher Loo Jian Liang Terrence Sebastian;
- The family of Camp Challenge instructor Muhammad Daanish Amran;
- Mountain Torq trainers or their families and Sabahan mountain guides.
Members of public who are keen to make donations can do so via cheque from now until Jul 22. No tax-deductible receipts will be issued, while donations-in-kind will not be entertained, MOE said.
All cheques should be made payable to the “Sabah Earthquake Fund” and sent to the following address:
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive
MOE Building, #09-52
(Attn: Sabah Earthquake Fund)
More information on how to make a donation to the fund can be found at www.moe.gov.sg/sabahearthquakefund.